In accordance with the Queensland Government's local government boundary reforms, the southern part of the former Beaudesert Shire formed part of Scenic Rim Regional Council on 15 March 2008. Scenic Rim Regional Council now administers all development and land use planning within this area.
The northern areas of the former Beaudesert Shire transferred to and are administered by Logan City Council. All enquiries regarding planning and development within these northern areas should be made to Logan City Council.
The Beaudesert Shire Planning Scheme 2007 sets out the assessment levels and requirements for undertaking development in the former Beaudesert Shire area. The following version incorporates Amendments 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 & 9.
A copy of the planning scheme is available for inspection and purchase at Scenic Rim Regional Council's Beaudesert Customer Service Centre at 82 Brisbane Street, Beaudesert.
Amendments to Beaudesert Shire Planning Scheme 2007
The purpose of the adopted amendments that have been made to the Beaudesert Shire Planning Scheme 2007 were to:
- Incorporate Order in Council - Planning Scheme (Approval of Amendment) Order (No.2) 2009;
- Provide further clarity within the planning scheme document;
- Resolve a number of operating anomalies;
- Reflect the policy of the Bromelton Structure Plan and the Development Scheme for the Bromelton State Development Area for the purposes of development other than a Material Change of Use;
- Respond to and incorporate the outcomes of a local planning study undertaken for Tamborine Village;
- Achieve compliance with the Sustainable Planning Regulation 2009 in regard to the level of assessment for Houses in residential precincts;
- Include planning scheme provisions for the assessment of Dual Occupancies;
- Incorporate a Priority Infrastructure Plan;
- Incorporate the Scenic Rim Local Heritage Register;
- Separate Canungra from the existing ‘Beaudesert and Canungra Townships Zone’ to create a separate ‘Beaudesert Township Zone’ and a ‘Canungra Township Zone’ and associated provisions;
- Remove land from the Emerging Community Precinct in Beaudesert and Canungra and its inclusion in an appropriate zone provided that the land is:
- in the Priority Infrastructure Area of Council's Priority Infrastructure Plans at Beaudesert; and
- in the Urban Footprint of the South East Queensland Regional Plan 2009-2031;
- Revise the assessment tables and code provisions for certain development at Beaudesert and Canungra, including the addition of a new Mixed Use Precinct, a Park Living Precinct in Canungra and greater flexibility for the development of certain land uses such as Aged Persons Accommodation, Educational Establishments and Child Care Facilities;
- Include requirement to undertake master planning for selected development sites as part of a Code Assessable Development Application;
- Revise minimum lot sizes at Canungra and Beaudesert for future residential development;
- Remove the former Laravale State School from the Community Facilities Precinct for inclusion within the Village Precinct of the Rural Zone; and
- Make associated amendments throughout the planning scheme as required, including changes to the Character Places, Development Constraints and Infrastructure Overlay Maps.
Amendment packages and superseded Planning Scheme
Please contact Council's Land Use Planning Team for further information about amendment package details and superseded versions of the planning scheme.