Scenic Rim Regional Council conducts community consultation on matters of public interest or where public input is required.
This consultation can be undertaken through a range of methods including public forums, information sharing sessions, online surveys, advertisements and written feedback.
Details of any current Council projects or programs where community feedback is being sought will be uploaded to this page.
Current Projects Seeking Community Feedback
Public Consultation of the Draft Scenic Rim Planning Scheme and Draft Planning Scheme Policies - 26 September to 14 December 2018
Scenic Rim Regional Council invites community comment on the Draft Scenic Rim Planning Scheme, made under section 18 of the Planning Act 2016 and the Draft Planning Scheme Policies, made under section 22 of the Planning Act 2016. The Draft Scenic Rim Planning Scheme is a document for strategic land use planning and development assessment that is designed to manage growth and development in the Scenic Rim local government area.
The Draft Scenic Rim Planning Scheme and Draft Planning Scheme Policies will be available for public consultation from 26 September 2018 to 14 December 2018 inclusive. Copies of this draft scheme and policies will be available for viewing here.
The documents will also be available for inspection at:
- Council's customer contact centres at Beaudesert, Boonah, and Tamborine Mountain; and
- Council libraries at Beaudesert, Boonah, Canungra and Tamborine Mountain
Council is seeking formal feedback from the community during the consultation period in the form of properly made submissions. For a submission to be considered properly made it must:
- be in writing and signed by each person making the submission if it is not lodged electronically;
- be received on or before 4.30pm on 14 December 2018;
- state the name and residential or business address of each person making the submission;
- state one postal or electronic address for service relating to the submission for all submission makers; and
- state the grounds of the submission, and facts and circumstances relied on in support of these grounds.
Submissions can be lodged:
- online using the electronic submission form below.
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- in person at any of Council's customer contact offices - click here for locations and opening hours
- via post by letter or completed printed submission form addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Attn: Land Use Planning
Scenic Rim Regional Council
PO Box 25 Beaudesert Qld 4285
Note: Details of submissions will be published on Council's website, but submitters' names, addresses, signatures and personal contact details will be removed. The State Government must also be provided with a copy of all submissions.
Scenic Rim Regional Council collects your personal information only in order to deal with your enquiry. Your information will not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given us permission or we are required by law. Your personal information is handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009. The rights to the information remain in control of Council and are subject to exemption for access requests under the protection of public interest legislative provisions.