Scenic Rim Regional Council conducts community consultation on matters of public interest or where public input is required.
This consultation can be undertaken through a range of methods including public forums, information sharing sessions, online surveys, advertisements and written feedback.
Details of any current Council projects or programs where community feedback is being sought will be uploaded to this page.
Current Projects Seeking Community Feedback
Proposal to enter places into the Scenic Rim Local Heritage Register
Notice is given under Part 11 of the Queensland Heritage Act 1992 that the following three places are proposed to be entered into the Scenic Rim Local Heritage Register.
- Knoll Road and Old Knoll Road, Tamborine Mountain (Lot 1 SP228339 plus Knoll Road (Road Reserve seg/pars 32974/1; 32973/2; 32973/39 and 14602/354));
- Cemetery at 28 Finch Road, Canungra (Lot 3 SP161073);
- Weir over Plunkett Creek, at 23 Roslyn Court, Tamborine Mountain (Lot 10 SP120946).
The reason for the proposed entry of the places is that they have been assessed as meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- The place is important in demonstrating the evolution or pattern of the local area's history;
- The place demonstrates rare, uncommon or endangered aspects of the local area's cultural heritage;
- The place has potential to yield information that will contribute to an understanding of the local area's history;
- The place is important in demonstrating the principal characteristics of a particular class of cultural places;
- The place is important because of its aesthetic significance;
- The place is important in demonstrating a high degree of creative or technical achievement at a particular period.
A Draft Exemption Certificate made under Section 75 of the Queensland Heritage Act for a portion of the proposed Knoll Road heritage place is also available for public consultation which seeks to enable Scenic Rim Regional Council to carry out ongoing maintenance and planned upgrades to Knoll Road without the requirement to submit a code assessable development application in accordance with Schedule 10, Part 8 of the Planning Regulation 2017.
Copies of the proposed inventory sheets for the places which provide the Statement of Cultural Heritage Significance, as well as the proposed Exemption Certificate for Knoll Road are available for viewing:
To view a hard copy, visit the Beaudesert Administration Centre at 82 Brisbane Street, Beaudesert or Tamborine Mountain Customer Service Centre at Cnr Main Street and Yuulong Road, Tamborine Mountain.
Written submissions can be made to Council by any person or entity about the proposed entry of the places into the Local Heritage Register.
- be received by Council before 4.30pm on 12 October 2018;
- be made on the basis that the place is or is not a place of cultural heritage significance for the Scenic Rim Local Government Area in accordance with the above criteria and, where relevant, specific aspects of the inventory sheets or proposed draft Exemption Certificate;
- be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Attn: Land Use Planning
Scenic Rim Regional Council
PO Box 25, Beaudesert QLD 4285
Any person making a submission will be notified of Council's decision in relation to the Local Heritage Register and their submission. To discuss any aspect of the proposed heritage places, please contact the Land Use Planning Department on (07) 5540 5111.
Scenic Rim Regional Council collects your personal information only in order to deal with your enquiry. Your information will not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given us permission or we are required by law. Your personal information is handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009. The rights to the information remain in control of Council and are subject to exemption for access requests under the protection of public interest legislative provisions.