Membership is free to all permanent residents of the Scenic Rim region. New memb
ers need to show proof of identity and residence such as:
- A Scenic Rim Regional Council (SRRC) rates notice
- A Queensland drivers licence showing an address within the SRRC
- A card showing that the applicant is enrolled to vote in a local electorate
- An occupancy lease for six months or longer for a residence within the SRRC
Scenic Rim Regional Council Library Service has full reciprocal borrowing rights with all Queensland councils under the terms of the State Library of Queensland Service Level Agreement. A separate library card is required for each council library service that a member uses. One of the following proofs of identity and residency will be required:
- A Queensland drivers licence
- A membership card of another Queensland library service
- An electoral enrolment card showing the applicant is enrolled to vote in a Queensland electorate.
Temporary membership is available to all non-residents, who do not meet the criteria for resident or reciprocal membership - please contact your local branch for further details.
'Institutions' such as schools, early childhood centres or aged care facilities may apply for Institutional Membership with Scenic Rim Regional Library Service. Institutional members must submit an application on their organisational letterhead using the template provided below, and have the authorisation of their manager, director or principal. Institutional members may participate in our bulk borrowing scheme, accessing more resources for longer loan periods.