The Mayor of Scenic Rim Regional Council is:
Cr John BRENT
Office: 5540 5105
With more than three decades in local government, inaugural Scenic Rim Mayor John Brent is well qualified for the job.
He was first elected to local government as a councillor in 1976 and was mayor of Boonah Shire from 1994 until the 2008 amalgamations.
John was re-elected for a second consecutive term as Scenic Rim Mayor in April 2012.
He lists his passions as regional and rural issues. He is highly regarded in local government across the state and his insights and experience are highly valued by his government peers.
John believes in building a strong economic base and improving infrastructure while all the time focusing on the community and achieving joint goals.
John serves on various committees and boards. A number are driven by, or have representatives from all three tiers of government. This has given him a broad experience and a voice that is widely heard.
As well as being involved in local community organisations, he has served as:
- Executive member of the Council of Mayors (SEQ) Pty Ltd
- Chair of Council of Mayors (SEQ) Pty Ltd Regional Plan & Growth Management Committee
- Board Member of Queensland Local Government Mutual Liability Pool
- Inaugural Director of Horticulture Australia Ltd
- Director Growcom Ltd
- Chair Ausveg (national vegetable group)
- Honorary Member of Rotary Club in Boonah and Fassifern Rotary
- Member Natural Resources Management South East Queensland (NRMSEQ)
- Board Member of South East Queensland Catchments Ltd
John is also a member of:
- Boonah Show Society
- Liberal National Party
- Royal National Association
- Scenic Rim Broadcasting Association