Awards Recognise Excellence In Enterprise
The region's best and brightest business leaders will be recognised at the new-look Scenic Rim Business Excellence Awards next year.
Nominations are now open for the 2019 program which encourages excellence in entrepreneurship and industry across seven categories.
Mayor Greg Christensen said the region was home to an array of businesses which all played a valuable role in strengthening the Scenic Rim's regional economy and powering the Scenic Rim brand.
"Our Business Excellence Awards provide another opportunity to celebrate strong achievers and to inspire others to press forward as we expand our line-up of high-performing enterprises that will continue to deliver prosperity and future employment opportunities across our region," he said.
"I encourage businesses to nominate to ensure recognition of their innovation and excellence."
Awards will be presented in the categories of:
- Tourism, Accommodation and Hospitality, for an outstanding operator whose exceptional offering attracts visitors to the region
- Retail, to an outstanding business or group providing exceptional customer service and quality
- Trades and Construction, recognising a business or group with innovative solutions, quality of finishing and craftsmanship
- Agriculture to a primary industry enterprise demonstrating exceptional practice and advancement
- Transport, Logistics, Manufacturing and Mining, for a business demonstrating best practice, innovation and creativity within the sector, and
- Professional and Community Services, for services or groups making a positive difference to the lives of individuals, families and communities.
Nominations are also welcomed for Trainee/Apprentice of the Year which will recognise an individual who has demonstrated excellence in their training.
Winners of each of the six business categories will be in the running for the overall award of Scenic Rim Business of the Year.
"Running a successful business is a big undertaking and one that requires passion, resilience and dedication to make it work," Cr Christensen said.
"Local businesses are going above and beyond to deliver a higher level of service and, at the same time, building the reputation of our region as a great place to do business."
Further details on the awards, including selection criteria, are available at www.scenicrimbusinessawards.com.au
Nominations can be made online or at any of Council's Customer Contact Centres until 18 February 2019.
The Scenic Rim Business Excellence Awards Gala presentation will be held at The Centre, Beaudesert, on Friday 29 March, 2019.
"I hope you will join me in celebrating the achievements of our Scenic Rim business community at the gala awards night," Cr Christensen said.