Council and the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) have released an updated list of the Scenic Rim's Neighbourhood Safer Places (NSP).
An NSP is a local open space or building where people may gather as a LAST RESORT to seek shelter from a bushfire.
The following sites are deemed approved NSP areas within the Scenic Rim Region. Please note, this information is updated by Rural Fire Service Queensland, please refer to their website for the most up to date information.
- Beechmont Rural Fire Station, Beechmont Rd, Beechmont
- Graceleigh Park, 1925 Beechmont Rd, Beechmont
- Tamborine Mountain Sports Complex, Cnr Hartley Rd and Long Rd, Tamborine Mountain
- Vonda Youngman Community Centre, Cnr Geissmann and Main St, Tamborine Mountain
- Tamborine Mountain State High School Sports Oval, Holt Rd, Tamborine Mountain
- St Bernard State School Sports Oval, 1/19 School Rd, Tamborine Mountain
An NSP may be your contingency plan when:
- Your Bushfire Survival Plan has failed.
- Your plan was to stay but the extent of the fire means that your home cannot withstand the impact of the fire and therefore your home is not a safe place to shelter.
- The fire has escalated to an ‘extreme' or ‘catastrophic' level and voluntary evacuation is your safest option.
For information on developing your Bushfire Survival Plan, or for more on Neighbourhood Safer Places, visit the QFRS website at www.ruralfire.qld.gov.au