Business counselling support
Counselling support for impacted Scenic Rim businesses
To help support the local business community impacted by COVID-19, Scenic Rim Regional Council is offering free of charge confidential counselling service with experienced independent professionals, Capacity Consulting, ‘Lavender House’.
Council understand that businesses and their employees have experienced unique and potentially overwhelming stress and strain as a result of COVID-19, with many businesses having to adapt their businesses, or even shut down. As people have been so focused on dealing with the stress and financial worries, they often overlook the impacts to their or their employees' mental health and wellbeing. While the Government is currently easing restrictions, there are many people who are only just realising now the impact the ongoing strain has had on them. It's important they can seek professional and caring support without worrying about further financial burdens.
The Business Support Program is being made available as part of Council's Economic Stimulus Package: COVID-19, which was announced at the end of March 2020.
What is available to access through the support program?
- Up to three counselling sessions (a fully confidential service)
- The service is free of charge with no cost to the eligible* business or its employees
- You can choose either a face-to-face appointment or via telephone call
Who is eligible for this service?
Businesses located within the Scenic Rim Regional Council geographical boundary, and/or an individual employee of an eligible* business.
*To be eligible for assistance under the program, the business must:
- have its head office or principal location located within the geographical boundary of the Scenic Rim local government area, and
- have been significantly impacted by COVID-19. This applies to businesses which have been required to cease usual trading operations in compliance with social distancing directives (such as tourism and hospitality operators ), and/or experienced a reduction of at least 30 per cent turnover by comparison with the equivalent month in the previous year, as per eligibility for the ‘JobKeeper’ initiative.
How do I make an appointment?
If you would like to find out more information about this service, or to make an appointment, please contact Capacity Consulting, ‘Lavender House’ on (07) 5541 4411, who have be contracted to provide this independent confidential service.