Club Crisis Assistance Package
COVID-19 has had an impact on community and sporting organisations in our region and their ability to operate or provide usual services.
As everyone continues to work around the easing of restrictions, Scenic Rim Regional Council has secured an online support package for organisations as part of Council's Economic Stimulus Package: COVID-19.
The Club Crisis Support Program will be available to not-for-profit community groups in the Scenic Rim to assist those organisations most effected by COVID-19 to get back on their feet. This online support program will be provided for free to those approved clubs and delivered by industry expert CPR Group, who specialise in working with not for profit clubs and community groups. See the below details that outline the full program.
Online meeting 1 - Introduction and Networking
- First online meetings with representatives of each sports club and community group to discuss their current situations and areas of need
Online meeting 2 - Communication
- Second online meeting with representatives of each sports club and community group to workshop ideas for communication with members, strategies for digital communication and social media, and effective remote meetings
Online meeting 3 - Planning for the Recovery
- Third online meeting with representatives of each sports club and community group to workshop strategies for creating a strong recovery, including capitalising on downtime, COVIDsafe Work Plans for resumption of activity, and longer-term goal setting
Online meeting 4 - Finances
- Fourth online meeting with representatives of each sports club and community group to workshop financial management strategies to put clubs and community groups in strong financial positions to work towards long-term sustainability and viability
Support resources included:
- Provision of tools, templates and resources as relevant to the online workshops conducted
- Review of supporting information for each participating organisation, including:
- Digital footprint (web and social media)
- Financial statements
- Meeting minutes
- Access to meetingTRAC for 6 months for each participating group
- Access to assetTRAC for 6 months for each participating group
- On-call support for clubs and community groups to call us with additional questions
How to be involved
If your organisation would like the opportunity to be involved in the Club Crisis Support Program you will need to submit an expression of interest by COB Friday 19 June. Your expression of interest needs to address the following points:
- Outline why your organisation is in need of support through the Club Crisis Support Program
- Provide correspondence from the Executive/Management committee confirming the organisations commitment to be involved in the program. This could be an email trail and does not need to be minutes from a meeting.
- Any other evidence you may like to include that will show how this program will benefit your organisation
- Preferred day of the week and time slot (eg, morning/afternoon/night) to participate in the online meetings
There are a limited number of spaces available and we hope to start the program before the end of June.
If you have any further questions regarding the program or wish to make a submission to the Expression of Interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org