Be Healthy and Active - Call out for submissions
Call out for submissions to be part of the 2023 Be Healthy & Active Program
Be Healthy & Active is a holistic health and wellbeing program designed for the Scenic Rim community to enjoy a healthier and more active lifestyle.
Research shows that 66% of Queensland adults are overweight or obese contributing to higher risk for chronic disease. The Be Healthy & Active program aims to target those at a high risk of developing chronic disease by providing a low cost entry-level program suitable for all ages and abilities.
The program provides a range of regular physical activity, well-being and social activities at public venues and parks to minimise barriers to participation. The Be Healthy & Active program demonstrates Scenic Rim Regional Council's commitment to fostering a healthy and active community.
Partner with us
Council is interested in partnering with individuals and organisations who are involved in the fitness, health, sport, recreation or wellness industries. Council welcomes submissions from providers who are passionate about delivering affordable activities that encourage Scenic Rim residents to be healthy, active and socially connected.
The submission is for those new and existing providers who aim to deliver activities in the Be Healthy and Active program within the period 1 January 2023 - 31 December 2023.
Submissions will be accepted from Friday 12 August 2022 to Monday 26 September 2022.
Benefits of being involved
- working with the Scenic Rim's Healthy & Active team to create a healthier community
- promotion across broader platforms including Council's website, What’s On Scenic Rim, social media and print media
- activity details listed in Be Healthy & Active marketing collateral
- being part of an exciting program that has broader community benefit
- the opportunity to increase the exposure of your services and attract new clients
- additional opportunities to connect with community events and activations
- if in the event of cancellation due to COVID restrictions providers are eligible to receive 50% of their allocated funding rate
For activities to be eligible, they must:
- demonstrate a need and commitment to improving health in the community with a focus on physical activity, health, well-being or social connections.
- be affordable for participants ($5 or less per session)
- be delivered within the Scenic Rim region between 1 January 2023 - 31 December 2023.
- providers must be able to meet the requirements listed below
Council provides funding support to Be Healthy & Active providers to assist with the costs incurred to deliver the activity. Council is committed to ensuring activities are implemented in a sustainable manner while providing residents with access to affordable community activities. Funding assistance available to providers is outlined below:
- A service provider rate of $30 per hour
- An additional $20 per hour for activities that activate a public space (park or hall),
- An additional $10 travel subsidy may be offered if travel is required outside of the providers usual service location
- Providers can charge up to $5 per participant per session (this will be collected and retained by the provider)
Providers must consider whether the offered level of support plus the indicative participant fee ($5 or less per session) is sufficient to provide activities for the duration of the program.
- Be based locally in the Scenic Rim region
- Hold current public liability insurance to the minimum value of $10 million dollars
- Hold appropriate qualifications, certificates and professional experience including first aid and CPR certificates
- If your application is successful, you will be required to sign a Be Healthy & Active Service Agreement and complete a risk assessment checklist for each activity
How to apply
Applications for the Be Healthy and Active Program will be accepted from Friday 12 August 2022 to Monday 26 September 2022.
The Healthy & Active team will assess all applications and determine if the activity or program meets the criteria and is suitable for inclusion. You will be notified of the outcome of your application via email. Submission of this application does not automatically warrant approval and late submissions may not be considered.
For more information or if you have issues with your submission, please contact:
Council's Healthy & Active team
P: 07 5540 5111
Pictured below: One of our Be Healthy and Active providers rock climbing at Mount Barney.