Scenic Rim Libraries
Council's libraries are now open for a limited service
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and keeping our communities safe, libraries are available for a limited service only. Please read the below before visiting your local library:
- Visitors will need to sanitise their hands as they enter
- Visitors will need to provide their library card number or details (as per government directives)
- Library returns, browsing and borrowing of physical items is available between 10:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday only. (Please note: Canungra is closed for lunch from 1:00pm - 2:00pm)
Our 'Click or Call and Collect' service is still available:
- Ring your local branch to place an order or place your order online
- There is a limit of 10 items that can be picked up at one time
- Any items previously placed on reserve (if available) can be picked up
- Pick up is available by appointment only between 9:00am and 10:00am
- No photocopying, printing, scanning or public computer services available at this time.
- There is also no seating available inside of the libraries
- No cash or payments can be taken
- Returns can still be placed in the after-hours chute
- Maintain social distancing and hand washing hygiene
You can contact one of our friendly Librarians on the telephone numbers below:
Beaudesert: 07 5540 5142
Boonah: 07 5463 3064
Canungra: 07 5543 5791
Tamborine Mountain: 07 5540 5473
Further information on library services
- Register online for free: If you aren’t already a member, all Scenic Rim residents can register online for free.
- eResources: There is a diverse collection of resources online - ebooks, audiobooks, puzzles and movie streaming. There's something for everyone and our librarians can assist you in the use of these online resources. Please call them on the telephone numbers below if you need their assistance.
COVID-19 useful information:
- Queensland Government's Roadmap to Easing Restrictions
- We encourage residents to monitor Queensland Health's website, as the lead health agency for the State
- Visit the COVID-19 webpage on the Scenic Rim Regional Council website for information about the ongoing response to COVID-19.
Scenic Rim Regional Council has four branch libraries and a library outreach service. Residents have online access to a full library catalogue of more than 105,000 items.
Discover What's On at your local library including regular book clubs, community activities and digital literacy classes, browse the library catalogue and find out more.
You can also learn more about the region's local history and how to access a wide range of e-resources online including audio books, magazines plus online language and adult education courses.