This page will be updated with new grants information once available.
Please see below for information regarding the application process for the Environmental Grants Program.
The Environmental Grants Program aims to encourage and assist community involvement in the management of the Scenic Rim’s environment for the benefit of the whole region.
An applicant must be one of the following:
• A community group, these groups preferably should be incorporated or sponsored by an incorporated organisation. Projects can be on any land tenure, where a strong public benefit can be demonstrated.
• A Non-Government Organisation, Not-for-Profit organisation, that can display a significant public benefit from the project.
• Businesses with philanthropic programs that can display a significant public benefit from the project and provide a minimum of dollar-for-dollar cash contribution.
• A Pre-School, Primary School, or Secondary School within the region. Approved applicants include the Principal, Deputy Principal, Head Teacher, or an office-bearer of the school Parents & Teachers or Parents & Friends Committee. Applications must be endorsed by the Principal or Deputy Principal of the school.
• A private property owner in the region involved in a conservation agreement program with Council (such as Land for Wildlife or Voluntary Conservation Covenant) and the applicant can clearly demonstrate a significant resultant community or environmental benefit.
Please read the Environmental Grants Guidelines thoroughly before starting your application. Once you have read all the information, please complete the Environmental Grants Application Form and submit to Scenic Rim Regional Council.
Environmental Grants Program
Council Administration Building 82 Brisbane Street, Beaudesert
Tamborine Mountain Library Corner Main Street and Yuulong Road North Tamborine
Boonah Customer Service Centre 70 High Street Boonah
Applications for the Environmental Grants Program are currently closed.
Current grant recipients will need to submit a final report as part of their supported program.
The below report template may be used:
If you would like to discuss Council's environmental initiatives or programs, please contact Environmental Policy and Services on 07 5540 5111.