Public Question Time
Introduced in 2012, Public Question Time is an open forum where pre-submitted questions on matters of public concern are asked directly of Council, via the Mayor as Chair.
Council requires public questions to be received in writing five business days prior to the next Ordinary Meeting. This lead time allows Council sufficient time to seek more information if required. Questions are assessed for suitability and relevance to Council business.
Public Question Time starts at 8.40am on the day of an Ordinary Meeting. The scheduled dates, links for live-streaming and past recordings are listed below.
For more timely and personalised responses, community members are encouraged to ask questions, seek advice or provide feedback by contacting Council in the following ways:
- in-person, at one of our three Customer Service and Administration Centres located in Beaudesert, Boonah and Tamborine Mountain.
- by phoning 07 5540 5111, our Customer Contact Centre is staffed 24/7
- by submitting an online request
- by contacting their Divisional Councillor
For community members wishing to lodge an enquiry for address at Public Question Time please write or email with attention to the Chief Executive Officer.
By Post - Office of the CEO, Scenic Rim Regional Council, PO Box 25, Beaudesert QLD 4285
By Email - SEND EMAIL
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, accepted questions will be read out to the Council and responses live-streamed to the public. If no public questions have been received there will be no broadcast.
Prior to restrictions, when the public gallery was open, it was at the discretion of the Mayor/delegate if questions could be taken from the floor without notice.
More detailed information is available in the Meeting and Other Forums Administration and Participation Procedure.
Scheduled 2021 meeting dates
Council has adopted the following Ordinary Meeting dates for 2021, Public Question Time will commence at 8.40am, you can listen live via YouTube. All broadcasts will be available for listen-back and archived.
- 19 January - no questions on notice were received.
- 9 February - no questions on notice were received.
- 23 February - listen to a recording of Public Question Time here
- 9 March - listen to a recording of Public Question Time here
- 23 March - no accepted questions for Public Question Time.
- 13 April - listen to a recording of Public Question Time here.
- 27 April - no questions on notice were received.
- 11 May - listen to Public Question Time live from 8.40am here.
- 25 May
- 8 June
- 22 June
- 6 July
- 20 July
- 3 August
- 17 August
- 7 September
- 21 September
- 5 October
- 19 October
- 9 November
- 23 November, and
- 7 December.