Have your say on Council's community, camping and sporting facilities
The Scenic Rim Regional Council is calling for community input in the review of Council's community, camping and sporting facilities.
Council wants to understand the current and future needs of the region to accommodate population growth, development projection and increase in visitors to the Scenic Rim. It's also an opportunity to maintain and enhance the region's diverse offering of outdoor sporting facilities, pools, skate facilities, community halls, historical villages and camping facilities.
This review will help establish a shared vision for the future upgrade and development of Council's sporting and recreation facilities in the region for the next 5 to 10 years.
- What are the needs of people using these facilities?
- How can Council enhance what is already on offer?
- Are infrastructure upgrades required?
- Are more community, camping and sports facilities needed?
- Are there environmentally sustainable solutions?
Members of the community and key stakeholders are invited to participate in the review of Council's sports and recreation facilities.
How to provide feedback
Survey for community members
Community members can have their say by completing the combined online survey on all three types of facilities. Please click on the survey link below:
You can also provide feedback in person. Look out for us at the following locations:
- Saturday 6 March, Beaudesert Markets, 7am to 9am
- Sunday 7 March, Tamborine Mountain Makers Market, 10am to midday
- Saturday 13 March, Boonah Markets, 7am to 9am
- Sunday 14 March, Kooralbyn Markets, 8am to 10am
- Sunday 14 March, Canungra Village Markets, 11am to 1pm
- Saturday 27 March, Boonah Markets, 7am to 9am
- Sunday 28 March, Tamborine Mountain State School Markets, 7am to 9am
Survey for clubs, organisations and other groups
Feedback is also be sought from key stakeholders to gain insight into what their needs are, how they use these types of Council facilities and what improvements could be made. This includes local clubs, organisations, schools, tourism operators and other user groups.
Council is working with external specialist ROSS Planning to consult with and gather feedback from key stakeholders.
Alternatively, clubs, organisations and other groups can provide feedback via the following surveys:
- Community Facilities Survey (for organisations)
- Sporting Facilities Survey (for organisations)
- Sporting Facilities Survey (for school principals)
- Camping Facilities Survey (for organisations)
Please only complete the survey that is relevant to the type of facility used or managed by your organisation or group.
Consultation and information gathering to contribute the review of Council's community, camping and sporting facilities is open until Friday 2 April.
Information gathered through this review will inform the drafting of three new Council strategies:
- Community Facilities Strategy
- Camping Facilities Strategy
- Sports Facilities Strategy.
These strategies will be available for community consultation towards the end of 2021.
If you require further information please contact Council on 5540 5111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scenic Rim Regional Council collects your personal information only in order to deal with your enquiry. Your information will not be given to any other person or agency unless you have given us permission or we are required by law. Your personal information is handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009. The rights to the information remain in control of Council and are subject to exemption for access requests under the protection of public interest legislative provisions.