Connected Communities Strategy
The Scenic Rim is a special place to live – we enjoy a relaxed rural lifestyle with strong connections to our natural and indigenous heritage, a vibrant artistic scene and access to some of the world’s best produce.
Council undertakes a range of activities to create a strong sense of belonging and identity and foster community health. We coordinate community and cultural grants, deliver programs, manage venues, organise events and advocate on behalf of our residents. We also work with a range of service providers, community organisations and groups and volunteers to foster a strong and supported community.
Help us develop your Community and Culture Strategy!
We are developing a Community and Culture Strategy to ensure our region is inclusive, welcoming, resilient and more connected into the future.
The strategy will integrate the existing Health and Wellbeing Plan, Regional Libraries Strategic Plan and Arts and Cultural Policy to provide a new direction for our community programs, spaces and services, building on your feedback on other Council strategies (e.g. Community Facilities Strategy and Growth Management Strategy).
Connect with us!
We are seeking your feedback about what community issues matter most to you, and your ideas for the future.
Come connect with us through the different engagement activities between Thursday 2 September and Friday 8 October 2021.
The project team will also be holding focus groups and online meetings with local Indigenous groups, youth, community leaders and other key stakeholders.
Complete a survey
Complete a survey to help us understand your community priorities and ideas for the future.
Have a conversation with 'your people'
Gather round a kitchen table, in a lunchroom or in your local community hall to discuss community and culture in your area. We have developed a kit to guide you through the conversation.
- Read the 'Connected Communities' flyer to understand what we are interested in learning
- Download a conversation toolkit below, or
- email CommunityCultureStrategy@scenicrim.qld.gov.au to arrange to pick up the kit from our libraries or Customer Service and Administration Centres, or
- email CommunityCultureStrategy@scenicrim.qld.gov.au to request the kit to be mailed to you.
Once you've completed the toolkit, you can email to Council at CommunityCultureStrategy@scenicrim.qld.gov.au or drop in to one of our Customer Service and Administration Centres or Libraries. Look for the Community and Culture Strategy feedback box.
Chat to us!
Visit our stand at the upcoming community events to learn more and chat to the project team:
- Tamborine Mountain Library – Friday 10 September between 12noon and 2pm
- Boonah Country Markets – Saturday 11 September between 8am and 10.30am
- Kooralbyn Valley Markets - Sunday 12 September between 8am and 10.30am
- Beaudesert Markets – Saturday 2 October between 8am and 11am
Where to from here?
Information received during the public consultation will help to inform the draft Community and Culture Strategy. You will be consulted again on the draft strategy.