Scenic Rim Local Heritage Register
On 29 July 2014, Council adopted a Local Heritage Register for the Scenic Rim in accordance with Part 11 of the Queensland Heritage Act 1992. The Local Heritage Register is a collection of 54 places that have local cultural heritage significance in accordance with the established criteria based on those outlined in the Australia ICOMOS Burra Charter 1999.
A Local Heritage Register was required in order to achieve compliance with the Heritage Act which, in March 2008, made it compulsory for local governments to prepare and maintain a Local Heritage Register. The introduction of the new State Planning Policy by the Queensland Government in December 2013 also required the incorporation of provisions and criteria for local heritage places in local government planning schemes as a State Interest.
Minor Amendment to Incorporate the Scenic Rim Local Heritage Register
In order to incorporate the Local Heritage Register into Council's Planning Schemes, on 29 July 2014 Council adopted a Minor Amendment to the:
- Beaudesert Shire Planning Scheme 2007 (recognised as Amendment No. 9);
- Boonah Shire Planning Scheme 2006 (recognised as Amendment No. 6); and
- Ipswich Planning Scheme 2006 (recognised as Amendment No. 4).
The planning scheme amendments have effect on and from 29 July 2014.
The purpose and general effect of the Minor Amendment is to incorporate the Scenic Rim Local Heritage Register into the Council's planning schemes by either updating or introducing a local heritage overlay which includes amended assessment tables, an overlay code and a map, where applicable.
- To view the Scenic Rim Local Heritage Register, click here
- To view the Minor Amendment to Incorporate the Local Heritage Register into the Beaudesert Shire Planning Scheme 2007; Boonah Shire Planning Scheme 2006 and Ipswich Planning Scheme 2006, click here
- To view a copy of the public notice for the adoption of the Local Heritage Register and Minor Amendments, click here
- To view a Fact Sheet containing answers to frequently asked questions about the Local Heritage Register, click here
For more information about the Scenic Rim Local Heritage Register or the Minor Amendments, please contact Council's Planning Section on (07) 5540 5435.