Holding an Event in the Scenic Rim

Are you planning to hold an event in the Scenic Rim? Depending on the size, location and format of your event you may require a range of Council and other approvals. You may also be eligible for funding to support your event and Council may be able to promote your event through the What's On Scenic Rim website.

Below are some of the frequently asked questions Council receives from event organisers.

  • Depending on the size of your event, the location it is held and other factors like whether you are serving alcohol or have amplified noise or have food vendors, you may need to hold a Temporary Entertainment and Event Permit.

    Please phone 5540 5111 and ask to speak to the Environmental Health Team or submit your event details below and a Council officer will contact you to discuss your event.

  • Depending on the size of your event, the location it is held and the impact it has on surrounding roads and footpaths, a Traffic Management Plan, Road Corridor Use Permit and Road Closure permit issued by Queensland Police may be required.

    We encourage you to contact Council with basic details of your event so that we can determine if a Traffic Management plan and associated permits are required. Please phone 5540 5111 and ask to speak to the Road Corridor Team.

  • If you plan to hold you event in a Council Park you will need to complete an Application for Park Use. This must be received by Council at least 10 working days before the proposed event and there are Terms and Conditions of use that will apply.

    However, you do not need to complete an application for small social events involving less than 20 participants that has little or no event infrastructure.

  • Scenic Rim Regional Council offers a range of grants and funding options to help support local projects including events held in region. Further information on available funding options and rounds is available here.

  • You are able to submit you event details for listing on the What's On Scenic Rim website managed by Council here.

    The website also provides helpful links to event planning resources and templates to guide event organisers. These can be accessed here.

  • Depending on the nature of your event, you may need to obtain additional approvals. For example, if you plan on selling food you may need a food licence obtained through Council; or if you are serving alcohol, a liquor licence may be required obtained through the Office of Liquor and Gaming Regulation; or if you are planning a fireworks display, you will require approval from the Department of Resources.

    The Queensland Government has also introduced a ban on single use plastics and the release of helium balloons and provide guidelines and a checklist for managing gas safely at public events. 

  • Council is able to assist event promoters with finding a suitable location for their major event in region. Please email regionalevents@scenicrim.qld.gov.au with your initial query and we will be in touch.