Locations and Membership
Council's libraries are now open for a limited service
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and keeping our communities safe, libraries are available for a limited service only. Please read the below before visiting your local library:
- Visitors will need to sanitise their hands as they enter
- Visitors will need to provide their library card number or details (as per government directives)
- Library returns, browsing and borrowing of physical items is available between 10:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday only. (Please note: Canungra is closed for lunch from 1:00pm - 2:00pm)
Our 'Click or Call and Collect' service is still available:
- Ring your local branch to place an order or place your order online
- There is a limit of 10 items that can be picked up at one time
- Any items previously placed on reserve (if available) can be picked up
- Pick up is available by appointment only between 9:00am and 10:00am
- No photocopying, printing, scanning or public computer services available at this time.
- There is also no seating available inside of the libraries
- No cash or payments can be taken
- Returns can still be placed in the after-hours chute
- Maintain social distancing and hand washing hygiene
You can contact one of our friendly Librarians on the telephone numbers below:
Beaudesert: 07 5540 5142
Boonah: 07 5463 3064
Canungra: 07 5543 5791
Tamborine Mountain: 07 5540 5473
Further information on library services
- Register online for free: If you aren’t already a member, all Scenic Rim residents can register online for free.
- eResources: There is a diverse collection of resources online - ebooks, audiobooks, puzzles and movie streaming. There's something for everyone and our librarians can assist you in the use of these online resources. Please call them on the telephone numbers below if you need their assistance.
COVID-19 useful information:
- Queensland Government's Roadmap to Easing Restrictions
- We encourage residents to monitor Queensland Health's website, as the lead health agency for the State
- Visit the COVID-19 webpage on the Scenic Rim Regional Council website for information about the ongoing response to COVID-19.
58 Brisbane Street
Tel: 07 5540 5142
Monday: 9am - 5.30pm
3 High Street
Tel: 07 5463 3064
Monday: 9am - 5.30pm
12 Kidston Street
Tel: 07 5543 5791
Monday: 10am - 4:30pm
Corner Main St & Yuulong Rd
Tel: 07 5540 5473
Monday: 9am - 5.30pm
Membership is free to all permanent residents of the Scenic Rim region. New members need to show proof of identity and residence such as:
A Scenic Rim Regional Council (SRRC) rates notice
A Queensland drivers licence showing an address within the SRRC
A card showing that the applicant is enrolled to vote in a local electorate
An occupancy lease for six months or longer for a residence within the SRRC
A current utility bill
Scenic Rim Regional Council Library Service has full reciprocal borrowing rights with all Queensland councils under the terms of the State Library of Queensland Service Level Agreement. A separate library card is required for each council library service that a member uses. For reciprocal membership, one of the following proofs of identity and residency will be required:
A Queensland drivers licence
A membership card of another Queensland library service plus proof of residency
An electoral enrolment card showing the applicant is enrolled to vote in a Queensland electorate.
Temporary membership is available to all non-residents, who do not meet the criteria for resident or reciprocal membership - please contact your local branch for further details.
Scenic Rim residents are also able to become library members by completing an online registration form. Library membership enables you to use all of our eresources directly from the comfort of your home. This includes access for both adults and children with free online screening of movies and television shows as well as access to free online learning platforms. To be redirected to the registration page for Scenic Rim Regional Council Libraries, please click here
Council's library outreach services are changing.
From Tuesday 9 July 2019, Council will deliver reserved library items to each former mobile library location. This is due to a combination of reasons leading to the cessation of the mobile library trailer.
To order items for delivery - go to the library catalogue here and place a reservation. When asked for a pick-up location, specify the township - Kalbar, Harrisville, Kooralbyn, Beechmont, Tamborine Village, Peak Crossing, Rathdowney or Hillview. Any items that have been reserved and are available for loan will be delivered and made available to be picked up.
A Scenic Rim Regional Council library card must be presented when collecting items. Any items not collected will be left at the closest Council Library - Canungra, Tamborine Mountain, Boonah or Beaudesert. They will be held for 10 days before being returned to the collection or made available for someone else to borrow.
While delivering reservations and accepting any returns, Council officers will also be offering assistance with digital technology and devices as well as offering free Wi-Fi during the visit. Library members are welcome to bring a mobile phone, laptop or tablet to gain digital assistance.
The delivery of school holiday activities and other programs will continue, they will just not be in the mobile library trailer.
While this interim library outreach service is provided, Council welcomes any feedback from residents of affected areas to develop a service and program which best suits each township. An online survey is available here in order to shape direction of the new-look library outreach service.
For further information or assistance please phone Beaudesert library on 5540 5142.
Library outreach services timetable
Eastern Scenic Rim
|Beechmont||Beechmont Community Centre
1835 Beechmont Road, Beechmont
|1st & 3rd Thursday||10:00am - 12:00pm|
|Tamborine||Tamborine Memorial Hall
2760 Waterford Tamborine Road, Tamborine
|1st & 3rd Friday||10:30am - 12:30pm|
Central Scenic Rim
|Kooralbyn||Kooralbyn Community Hall
79 Ogilvie Place, Kooralbyn
|1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th Wednesday||10:00am - 12:00pm|
|Rathdowney||Rathdowney Tourist Information Centre
Mt Lindesay Highway, Rathdowney
|2nd & 4th Thursday||10:00am - 12:00pm|
|Hillview||Hillview School of Arts Hall
Widgee Creek Road, Hillview
|School holidays (dates and times to be confirmed)|
Western Scenic Rim
|Kalbar||Kalbar Civic Centre
George Street, Kalbar
|1st & 3rd Monday||10:00am - 12:00pm|
|Harrisville||Harrisville School of Arts
Queen Street, Harrisville
|1st & 3rd Tuesday||10:00am - 12:00pm|
|Peak Crossing||Peak Crossing Hall
Ipswich Boonah Road, Peak Crossing
2nd & 4th Tuesday
|10:00am - 12:00pm|
- About Scenic Rim
- For Residents
- Community and Culture
- Facilities and Recreation