Dog registration and cat information
- Dog registration requirements apply under the Animal Management (Cat and Dog) Act 2008
- Only two dogs can be kept per property, unless an animal keeping licence is held
- No more than two cats over the age of six months can be kept, unless an animal keeping licence is held
- All dogs over the age of three months must be registered with council and wear an approved tag
- The annual renewal date is 31 July
- Current dog registration with another Queensland council that participates in providing reciprocal registration could possibly entitle you to reciprocal dog registration for the remainder of the financial year
- To obtain these rights, contact council within 10 business days of taking up residence in the region so that your dog can be issued with a current registration tag
- Concessions apply for dogs owned by pensioners or current financial members of Dogs Queensland or the Greyhound Racing Authority of Queensland
- Dogs and cats are to be kept within your property at all times, or risk impounding. Animal enclosures are required
Dog registration application forms are available below or in the Animal Management section of Council's Forms page.
DOG REGISTRATION FORM - KENNEL
Council has a strict policy allowing residents in the region to keep only two dogs per property. However, residents can apply for an animal-keeping licence to keep more than two dogs on the one property for more than two months.
Council's Local Laws provide that licences can be issued in specific cases. For more information contact Council's Health Services team.
DOMESTIC ANIMAL KEEPING APPROVAL APPLICATION