An ‘Operational Works' development application is required when:
- Extracting gravel, rock, sand and soil from the place where it occurs naturally;
- Undertaking roadworks on a local government road;
- Conducting a forest practice;
- Excavating or filling that materially* affects premises or their use;
- Placing an advertising device on premises;
- Undertaking work (other than destroying or removing vegetation not on freehold land) in, on, over or under premises that materially affects premises or their use;
- Clearing vegetation on freehold land
- Operations of any kind and all things constructed or installed that allow taking, or interfering with, water (other than using a water truck to pump water) under the (Water Act 2000);
- Undertaking: tidal works; work in a coastal management district; constructing or raising waterway barrier works; performing work in a declared fish habitat area; removing, destroying or damaging a marine plant.
Operational Works Guides
Fees and charges
For fees applicable to Operational Works applications refer to Council's Fees and Charges.
Water and sewerage works
Water and sewerage reticulation within Scenic Rim is administered by Queensland Urban Utilities (QUU). For information on technical specifications and applications visit the QUU website.
Design and Construction Manual
Scenic Rim Regional Council Design and Construction Manual for all operational works applications approved on or after 18 June 2014.
Standard Design Drawings
Scenic Rim Standard Design Drawings for Roadworks, Drainage and Parks.