Scenic Rim offers exciting opportunities for economic development across existing and emerging industry sectors. Economic development of our region is a priority in Council's Corporate Plan with strategies focusing on providing a wide range of programs designed to grow and develop business and the local economy. Our objective is to work with the community by:
- Raising industry profiles to support growth and recognition of key industries throughout the Scenic Rim region
- Supporting local business development with assistance in professional service delivery and knowledge
- Providing investment attraction opportunities by encouraging and supporting appropriate industries and operators to establish and grow activities within the Scenic Rim region
Creating and maintaining effective partnerships with community, industry and all levels of government assists our focus on delivering outcomes across key areas including:
- Business development - helping existing businesses to grow and develop
- Collaboration with industry and all levels of Government
- Marketing - business networks, business workshops, fostering business and entrepreneurialism
- Retaining the regions character and quality of life
- Promoting sustainability - economically, socially and environmentally
- Living and working locally
Scenic Rim socio-economic data
Council's Office of Economic Development provides a range of socio-economic data in relation to the Scenic Rim region to support business development across all sectors of the economy and regional promotion.
For additional economic data is available by following the link below.
2016 Census Data
Follow the links below to access the Australian Bureau of Statistics' 2016 Census data for the Scenic Rim local government area.