Finding reliable information regarding health and wellbeing can be a challenge. Accurate and current information is imperative for decision making.
Below is a list of websites that can be accessed free of charge and provide current health news, access to drought relief information and reliable information databases.
- ABC Health and Wellbeing - An ABC online health gateway that provides the latest TV health and medical news with trusted information.
- Australian Digital; Health Agency - This agency is responsible for national digital health services and systems, with a focus on engagement, innovation and clinical quality and safety. Its focus is on putting data and technology safely to work for patients, consumers and the healthcare professionals who look after them.
- Australian Government Department of Health - Improving the health and wellbeing of all Australians, now and for future generations.
- healthdirect - free Australian health advice.
- MSD Manual - the trusted provider of medical information since 1899. This has thousands of topics in all medical fields authored by hundreds of experts
- Wiley - Wiley partners with librarians to deliver resources that support both research and learning.
- drug info - This provides free information about drugs, alcohol and the law for the community of New South Wales.
- Cochrane Library - whose mission is to promote evidence-informed health decision-making by producing high-quality, relevant, accessible systematic reviews and other synthesised research evidence.
- MedlinePlus - an an online health information resource for patients and their families and friends. Its mission is to present high-quality, relevant health and wellness information that is trusted, easy to understand, and free of advertising on any device.
- FarmHub - which connects Australian farmers to a range of helpful financial and health services and support.
All the latest information and advice from Queensland Health is available here
- About Scenic Rim
- For Residents
- Community and Culture
- Facilities and Recreation