Council receives a number of complaints each year regarding stormwater run-off and overland flow from private land causing a nuisance to an adjoining or downstream property. Council's intervention powers are limited but can respond to complaints relating to nuisances and flooding as a result of illegally constructed building and structures.

  1. Council's Building and Plumbing department receives concerns from residents regarding stormwater run-off from an existing structure on a property.
  2. Natural stormwater run-off from the natural lay of the land or from overland flow is a civil matter.
  3. Stormwater that runs onto private property from a Council road or drain may be investigated by Council's Works Department.