Scenic Rim Regional Council COVID-19 Update
Please find below an update on Scenic Rim Regional Council facilities following the Queensland Government's latest changes to the Roadmap for Easing Restrictions.
Council-controlled campgrounds re-opened from midday today, with the exception of Sharp Park River Bend at Witheren, which will reopen next Monday 8 June. The campgrounds opening includes:
- Andrew Drynan Park, Running Creek
- Bigriggan Park, Rathdowney
- Burgess Park, Lamington
- Darlington Park, Kerry
- Stinson Park, Lamington
- Flanagan Reserve, Barney View
- Lake Moogerah Caravan Park, Moogerah
- Rathdowney Memorial Grounds, Rathdowney
- Waterfall Creek Reserve, Maroon
Council’s libraries will continue with a ‘click or call and collect’ service only at this time, as Council works through strategies to manage social distancing and visitors to the library. To access the 'click or call and collect' service:
- Call your local branch to place an order or place your order online http://scenicrim.spydus.com/cgi-bin/spydus.exe/MSGTRN/WPAC/HOME
- Limit of 10 items able to be picked up at one time.
- Any items previously placed on reserve (if available) can be picked up.
- Pick up hours are 9am to 3pm Monday to Friday (Canungra 10am to 3pm) however you must call your local branch to arrange a time to collect.
- No photocopying, printing, or public computer services available at this time.
- No browsing or reading in the library.
- No cash or payments can be taken.
- Returns can still be placed in the after-hours chute.
- Maintain social distancing and hand washing hygiene
Beaudesert 5540 5142 Boonah 5463 3064
Canungra 5543 5791 Tamborine Mountain 5540 5473
Playgrounds, barbecue facilities and skateparks
Council's playgrounds, barbecue facilities and skateparks are open subject to the Queensland Government's roadmap to easing Queensland's restrictions, which means no more than 20 people at a gathering at these facilities at any one time. Please ensure that you maintain social distancing and hand washing hygiene.
Customer Service & Administration Centres
Council’s Customer Service and Administration Centres at Boonah, Beaudesert and Tamborine Mountain are now open, however the number of customers permitted in each service centre is limited at any one time.
- Beaudesert Administration Centre (5 customers)
- Boonah Customer Service Centre (2 customers)
- Tamborine Mountain Customer Service Centre (1 customer) 9.00am - 4.30pm
Sneeze guards and floor decals to indicate safe distancing have been installed to help keep our community members and employees safe.
Before visiting our Customer Service and Administration Centres, please consider whether your enquiry can be managed over the phone.
Our Customer Contact Officers can answer most enquiries over the phone and are able to print out and post Council forms from our website to those who do not have access to a printer.
While public swimming pools can also be opened, Council owned swimming pools are now closed for winter, and will remain closed.
Facilities still closed
Cultural and Community Centres, Community-leased facilities
Council’s essential services
The following Council services are still operating:
- the Customer Contact Call Centre, monitored 24/7 for Council emergencies
- waste collection
- waste transfer stations and landfill sites
- road maintenance
- compliance and parks maintenance
- business and community support
- licensing and permit applications, and
- building/plumbing and development approvals.