Information for businesses impacted by COVID-19
Supporting our Scenic Rim business community through this challenging time is a priority, and it’s important to us to make sure you are getting the right information.
Emergency business hotlines
- Queensland Business Hotline - 1300 654 687
- Federal Government Business Hotline - 13 28 46
- Australian Taxation Office Emergency Hotline - 1800 806 218
- Centrelink Hotline - 13 74 68
- Small Business Hotline - 1300 654 687
Scenic Rim Digital and e-Commerce grants
Sole traders and small- to medium-sized businesses are encouraged to access digital technologies and services to help them work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.
Improve your online and e-commerce activities by applying for matched funding, with a maximum Council contribution of up to $2,000. Total project costs may exceed $2,000, with businesses providing additional funding above Council’s contribution.
More information about the Digital and e-Commerce grants is available here.
Scenic Rim Facade Improvement Scheme
Commercial property owners can apply for grant funds up to a maximum of $3,000 to improve their building facades to help attract new customers.
More information abou the Facade Improvement Scheme is available here.
Free business counselling service
To help support the local business community impacted by COVID-19, Scenic Rim Regional Council is offering free of charge confidential counselling service with experienced independent professionals, Capacity Consulting, ‘Lavender House’. Find out more information about eligibility and how to access this service here.
You can download Scenic Rim Regional Council's flyer with information about the business counselling service here.
Support for businesses
Below is a list of resources and key organisations offering tailored support for businesses through the COVID-19 crisis.
- Queensland Governments roadmap to easing COVID-19 restrictions.
- Movement and Gathering Direction
- Restrictions on Businesses, Activities and Undertakings Direction
- COVID Safe Plans for businesses - For businesses that the Chief Health Officer has identified as having a high risk of transmission, a mandatory COVID Safe Checklist has been developed, and there will be mandatory COVID Safe training.
- Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program - Scenic Rim small businesses impacted by COVID-19 are eligible for Queensland Government grants up to $10,000 via this Program. The objective of this program is to support small businesses subject to closure or highly impacted by the shutdown restrictions, to adapt and sustain their operations, and build resilience.
- Support for business - Find coronavirus information and assistance for business and industry from the Queensland Government.
- Business support fact sheet - A summary of Queensland Government support for businesses.
- Business assistance finder - an online interactive tool you can click through and it will show you what assistance and support you may eligible for.
- Supply chain issues - The Queensland Government is committed to assisting Queensland manufacturers and businesses that are currently impacted by the ongoing coronavirus situation. If you are finding it difficult to obtain vital materials and supplies to remain open, please select this link and fill out the form.
Find financial assistance, eligibility and timing for the new government support for Australian businesses:
- Support for businesses - Information on support for sole traders, employers, companies, government assistance for business, state and territory information, grants and assistance. This page is frequently updated as new information is made available.
- Continuing your business guide - This interactive step-by-step guide helps you understand what to do to keep your business operating. The guide will help you plan your recovery, know where you can get support and assistance, keep your operations running, reach out to your customers, access your finances and protect your business
- COVIDSafe resources - Are you looking for some extra resources to help promote your COVIDSafe environment within the workplace? The Australian Government have prepared a suite of resources that includes both pre-made and editable posters, door signs, stickers, social media tiles and more.
Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland (CCIQ)
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry Queensland (CCIQ) - Coronavirus knowledge and support provided by CCIQ who are working around the clock to help Queensland businesses protect their operations and their staff. Access free resources, support and information here.
- CCIQ is offering a free Business Essentials 12 month membership which will enable you to receive phone and email support during this period of uncertainty.
- Tourism and Events Queensland - Information specific to hotels, tourism operators, event organisers.
- Tourism Australia has compiled helpful information on their website regarding support and relief assistance for tourism businesses.
- Luminair is a Brisbane-based strategic consultancy who have developed an operations-based e-book focused on assisting event organisers with COVID-19 crisis communications guidance and forecast considerations post the pandemic.
Rural Financial Counselling Service - Southern Queensland
- Small Business Financial Counselling Service - This service has been expanded to support any small business impacted by COVID-19 and is funded by grants from government to local organisations that employ financial counsellors. Any Small Business impacted by COVID19 can now contact the Small Business Financial Counselling Service in Southern Queensland – phone (07) 4622 5500.
Australian Building Codes Board
- As COVID-19 restrictions are relaxed, it is important to ensure the safety of building water systems before occupancy resumes. While some buildings have been unoccupied during the restrictions, water left in water services could change in quality. This Advisory Note provides guidance on what should be considered prior to re-occupying a building.
- Payments and forms
- Disaster Management
- Economic Development
- BackEconomic Development
- Business Excellence Awards
- Why Do Business in the Scenic Rim?
- Our Business Partners
- Funding Opportunities
- Investing in the Scenic Rim
- Scenic Rim Eat Local Week
- Tourism Development
- Business Support
- Regional Prosperity Strategy
- One Scenic Rim
- Scenic Rim Jobs
- Business and Community Directory
- Waste services