Events, programs and activities
We recognise that many of our cultural, community and library programs are critically important to many of our residents, and also play an integral role in building strong connections and communities, which is a great part of life in the Scenic Rim.
Where possible, we have been exploring options on how we can still deliver some of our programs by live streaming events, creating school holiday activities, providing online resources and exhibitions as well as using internet technologies such as Zoom to facilitate meetings that would otherwise need to be cancelled or postponed.
Online activities for children
Scenic Rim Libraries may be closed, but we haven’t forgotten about keeping your children's brains firing!
Visit this page to discover a range of downloadable fun, creative, at home activities that the whole family can do together.
Council has suspended its Be Healthy & Active program until further notice following the advice from the Australian Government's announcement, which banned non-essential gatherings to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
Be Healthy & Active sessions available online
In the spirit of helping Scenic Rim residents get their fix of physical activity through these challenging times, some of our fantastic providers from our Be Healthy & Active program have come up with creative solutions.
Visit the Scenic Rim Regional Council Facebook events section to find out what Be Healthy & Active sessions are now available online or find out more below. The following providors will be running sessions via Zoom video conferencing or Facebook Live:
- Fitness for Mums - Every Friday at 9am - Access this Facebook live video stream on the private group page: https://m.facebook.com/groups/3081892251869124/
- Meditation - Every Thursday at 9am - For further details on the session and how to connect via Zoom contact Frances at email@example.com or 0412 303 841.
- Vinyasa Flow Yoga - Every Monday at 6.15pm and every Tuesday at 9.10am - Contact Lou 0431 193 833 firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
- Piloxing - Every Tuesday at 4.30pm - For further details on the session and how to connect through Zoom, contact Gayle Baker - email@example.com
- Pilates - Every Tuesday at 6.30pm - For further details on the session and how to connect through Zoom, contact Gayle Baker - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pilates - Every Friday at 10am - For further details on the session and how to connect through Zoom, please contact Sonya Spielmann email@example.com or 0421337117.
- Tai Chi - Every Wednesday at 10am - For further details on the session and how to connect through Zoom, please contact Sonya Spielmann firstname.lastname@example.org or 0421337117.
- Gym Buddies - Every Saturday at 10:30am - Gym Buddies is an online fitness session for people with a disability and their carers/family. A personal trainer will provide a fun and inclusive environment to help you gain confidence, independence and fitness, whatever your age or ability. Cost is $5 per session, each household. Contact David Lawson at email@example.com or 0418 189 389 to register.
Above & Below exhibition online
This exhibition was originally supposed to be delivered at The Centre Beaudesert, however due to the doors being temporarily closed, we needed to come up with a creative solution to deliver this exhibition - it's a must see! Artists Therese Flynn-Clarke and Mary Elizabeth Barron reflect on our environment and place from aerial viewpoints and ground level through their exhibitions Patterns of My Days (Rights of Nature) and Under Foot. Select this link to view the exhibition.
Online Art Workshops with Therese Flynn-Clarke
Artist and Educator, Therese Flynn-Clarke, is one of the artists behind the Above and Below Exhibition that will soon be made available on the liveatthecentre.com.au website. The exhibition reflects on our environment from an aerial viewpoint. Therese has been creative in a different way by creating at home art workshops' to complement her exhibition.
These FREE Workshops are suitable for adults, older teens and children.
What: A series of seven workshops linked to Therese Flynn-Clarke's exhibition that you can do at home. They can be done in order from 1-7 or at random.
When and where: These workshop activities are now available for download here: https://bit.ly/34xsgAW
Share: Post images of the work you have created be sending an email (no more than 10MB) and we will add them to the online gallery!
|SCHEDULED DATE||EVENT NAME||LOCATION||AREA / TOWNSHIP||STATUS||REVISED DATE|
|17 March||Scenic Rim Planning Shceme 2020 presentations||Beaudesert||Beaudesert||Postponed||Not yet confirmed|
|18 March||Get Savvy Expo||Boonah Cultural Centre||Boonah||Postponed||Not yet confirmed|
|20 March - Ongoing||Friday Flicks||Boonah Cultural Centre||Boonah||Cancelled||Not yet confirmed|
|20 March||Movies in the Park||Coronation Park||Boonah||Postponed||Not yet confirmed|
|21 March||Movies in the Park||Jubilee Park||Beaudesert||Postponed||Not yet confirmed|
|25 March||Get Savvy Expo||Jubilee Park||Beaudesert||Postponed||Not yet confirmed|
|25 March||Be Healthy & Active Bushwalk||Westray's Grave Trail||Westray's Grave Trail||Cancelled||Not yet confirmed|
|26 March||Rathdowney One-on-one sessions for Scenic Rim producers and businesses||Rathdowney Memorial Bowls Club||Rathdowney||Postponed||Not yet confirmed|
|27 March||Scenic Rim PM Concert -Bloom||The Centre||Beaudesert||Postponed||7 August (subject to conditions at this time)|
|27 March||Above and Below Exhibition Launch||The Centre||Beaudesert||Cancelled||
Cancelled (still looking at options for other formats for education activities associated with the exhibition)
|28 March||Movies in the Park||North Tamborine Park (Geissmann Oval)||Tamborine Mountain||Postponed||Not yet confirmed|
|6 April||Extreme Ninja Warrior Challenge||Jubilee Park||Beaudesert||Postponed||Not yet confirmed|
|8 April||Shake and Stir workshops||Beaudesert and Boonah Cultural Centres||Beaudesert and Boonah Cultural Centres||Postponed||23 September 2020 (subject to conditions at this time)|
|7 April||Extreme Ninja Warrior Challenge||Coronation Park||Boonah||Postponed||Not yet confirmed|
|7 April - 17 April||Kids Flicks||All cultural centres||All cultural centres||Cancelled||Cancelled|
|8 April||Extreme Ninja Warrior Challenge||North Tamborine Park (Geissmann Oval)||Tamborine Mountain||Postponed||Not yet confirmed|
|14 April - 17 April||Island Fashion on Tour||Beaudesert and Boonah Cultural Centres||Beaudesert and Boonah Cultural Centres||Postponed||Not yet confirmed|
|25 April||ANZAC Day services (regionwide)||Hosted by RSL Sub-branches||Scenic Rim||Cancelled||Cancelled|
|2 May - 4 May||Boonah Writers Festival||Boonah Cultural Centre||Boonah||Cancelled||Cancelled|
|27 June - 5 July||Eat Local Week||Across the Scenic Rim Region||Across the Scenic Rim Region||Eat Local Week 2020 cancelled||Eat Local Week scheduled for 6 June to 4 July 2021. Read the full statement from Council here.|
- Payments and Forms
- Disaster Management
- Economic Development
- BackEconomic Development
- Business Excellence Awards
- Why Do Business in the Scenic Rim?
- Our Business Partners
- Funding Opportunities
- Investing in the Scenic Rim
- Scenic Rim Eat Local Week
- Tourism Development
- Business Support
- Regional Prosperity Strategy
- One Scenic Rim
- Waste Services