Neighbourhood Safer Places
An Neighbourhood Safer Place (NSP) is a local open space or building where people may gather as a LAST RESORT to seek shelter from a bushfire.
The following sites are deemed approved NSP areas within the Scenic Rim region, and have been assessed by Queensland Rural Fire Service:
- Graceleigh Park, 1925 Beechmont Rd, Beechmont
- Tamborine Mountain Sports Complex, Cnr Hartley Rd and Long Rd, Tamborine Mountain
- St Bernard State School Sports Oval, 1/19 School Rd, Tamborine Mountain
For further NSP information, click here.
An NSP may be your contingency plan when:
- Your Bushfire Survival Plan has failed.
- Your plan was to stay but the extent of the fire means that your home cannot withstand the impact of the fire and therefore your home is not a safe place to shelter.
- The fire has escalated to an ‘extreme' or ‘catastrophic' level and voluntary evacuation is your safest option.
For information on developing your Bushfire Survival Plan, click here.