Helpful information for communities
Scenic Rim Regional Council is committed to ensuring our communities are well-equipped with plenty of helpful information and resources they may need to help them through the COVID-19 pandemic.
See below a collection of helpful numbers to call, useful resources and general information regarding COVID-19. Please share this page with your friends, family and anyone else you think may need to access this information.
- National Coronavirus Helpline - 1800 020 080 - Call this line if you are seeking information on coronavirus (COVID-19). The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Community Recovery Hotline - 1800 173 349 - The hotline has been activated by the Queensland Government to assist people who have been advised to quarantine at home and have no other mechanisms for support. This includes the arrangement of non-contact delivery of essential food and medication.
Support for communities
Scenic Rim Regional Council
- Free business counselling service - To help support the local business community impacted by COVID-19, Scenic Rim Regional Council is offering free of charge confidential counselling service with experienced independent professionals, Capacity Consulting, ‘Lavender House’. Find out more information about eligibility and how to access this service here.
- COVID-19 - the Queensland Government have set up this website solely for COVID-19 updates and alerts Queenslanders need to be aware of.
- Queensland Health website - we encourage residents to monitor the Queensland Health website, as the lead health agency for the State, for all the latest information about COVID-19.
- JobsFinder website - the Queensland Government has launched a JobsFinder website for Queenslanders whose employment has been impacted by COVID-19. Register your details, location and skills on the website and you will be matched with suitable job opportunities by professional recruitment agencies.
- Scenic Rim Jobs website - Scenic Rim job seekers and local employers can connect more easily, by accessing the new Scenic Rim Jobs online 'talent community' portal. This new portal is an initiative of Council to support keeping locals employed within the Scenic Rim region.
- Roadmap to easing COVID-19 restrictions.
- Latest Movement and Gathering Direction
- The Australian Government Department of Health website - provides daily updates, FAQs, current facts and figures, travel advice, key contact and phone numbers.
- The Australian Government's website - includes the latest Coronavirus news, updates and advice from government agencies across Australia.
- COVID-19 Information in your language - If English is not your first language, the Department of Home Affairs has a variety of translations of COVID information.
- RSPCA – COVID-19 My Pets and Me
- Community Services Industry Alliance (CSIA) – information for community organisations
- Queensland Council of Social Service (QCOSS) – peak body for the social service sector
- Services Australia - information regarding the Australian Government’s support for people impacted by COVID-19, including Economic Support Payments and allowances for people who are in self-quarantine and can’t work.
Scenic Rim COVID-19 community flyer
Click on the image below for a printable PDF of the community flyer that was delivered to Scenic Rim residents mid-April 2020. This flyer is still useful as it contains information on accessing our library eResources, important numbers, websites and ways to contact Council. There is also tear-off tabs for you to share with your neighbours offering your help however you choose.
Wellbeing and support services
The Queensland Government have shared a number of mental health and well-being resources available for anyone to support our communities through this time. Click here to find out how to access these free resources and services.
Lifeline - 13 11 14 - Lifeline is a national charity providing all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24 hour crisis support and suicide prevention services.
1800 Respect - 1800 737 732 - Counselling and support services
Beyond Blue - 1300 22 4636 - Provides information and support to help everyone in Australia achieve their best possible mental health 1300 22 4636
Headspace - 1800 650 890 - Providing youth mental health services for Australians aged 12-25. Chat at a centre, online, by email, or speak on the phone with a qualified professional.
Mindspot - 1800 61 44 34 - MindSpot is a free national online mental health clinic for Australian adults
Kids Helpline - 1800 55 1800 - Kids Helpline is open to answer calls, emails or WebChat.
National Debt Helpline - 1800 007 007 - National Debt Helpline is a not-for-profit service that helps people tackle their debt problems.
Housing Service Centre - 1800 474 753 - Anyone experiencing or at risk of homelessness can contact their local Housing Service Centre or the Homeless Hotline on 1800 474 753.
Helpful information from Australian Red Cross
Red Cross - how to prepare for novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Talking to kids about COVID-19 - Like adults, children are navigating something they have never experienced before. Finding the right way to talk to them about COVID-19 can help protect children and reduce their fear.
COVID-19 and your mental wellbeing - Practical, helpful tips to help you and others look after your mental wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Coronavirus – tips for self-isolating - Ways to help families stay happy and hopeful during self-isolation.
Red Cross Lifeblood is urging people to donate blood. To book an appointment or to find out more information on how to donate blood please visit the Australian Red Cross Lifeblood website.
Follow Scenic Rim Regional Council's Facebook page for regular updates on Council's response to COVID-19:
- Payments and forms
- Disaster Management
- Economic Development
- BackEconomic Development
- Business Excellence Awards
- Why Do Business in the Scenic Rim?
- Our Business Partners
- Funding Opportunities
- Investing in the Scenic Rim
- Scenic Rim Eat Local Week
- Tourism Development
- Business Support
- Regional Prosperity Strategy
- One Scenic Rim
- Scenic Rim Jobs
- Business and Community Directory
- Waste services