Student/not-for-profit/community group filming

If you are a student, not-for-profit organisation or community group, you are not required to apply for a commercial film production license. If your filming involves the use of a Council park or property or involves filming on a road, road reserve or footpath, you will need to apply for a permit for the specific activity to be undertaken.

To film in one of Council’s many parks, please view the list of parks, playgrounds and lookouts here. You will be required to complete an Application for Park Use Form.

A Road Corridor Use permit is required for the temporary closure of traffic lanes, shoulders, medians, verges or footpaths on Council controlled roads. Further information and access to the application can be found here.

If filming on a State controlled area, you will need permission from the relevant State Government Department.

  • If you are filming in National Parks, recreation areas and State Forests you will need to meet the requirements as outlined here.
  • If you are filming on a State controlled road, you are required to complete a road corridor permit. Further details can be found here
  • If you are filming on one of the many dams or lakes in the region, please refer to Seqwater's requirements here.