In response to the Greater Brisbane lockdown starting at 5.00pm Monday 29 March, the following Scenic Rim Regional Council services are impacted.
CUSTOMER SERVICES AND ADMINISTRATION CENTRES
All Customer Service and Administration Centres (Beaudesert, Boonah and Tamborine Mountain) will be closed for the next three days of the lockdown, and will re-open on Tuesday 6 April after Easter, pending no further health directives. This includes the QGAP services in Boonah.
There are many other ways that Council can help the community without face-to-face interaction, and we strongly encourage you to contact Council if you have any enquiries by:
- calling our Customer Service and Administration Centres from 8.30am - 4.30pm on telephone 07 5540 5111
- emailing us at email@example.com if your enquiry is not urgent, or
- accessing all our forms online www.scenicrim.qld.gov.au/council-services/payments-and-forms/forms and emailing them through to firstname.lastname@example.org
There is no impact to kerbside waste collection services (general waste and recycling).
WASTE TRANSFER STATIONS
Our Waste Transfer Stations are operating as per normal, with the exception of the Canungra Waste Transfer Station being closed tomorrow - Tuesday, 30 March.
As a reminder, the Waste Transfer Stations are open on the following days:
- Tuesday: Beaudesert, Boonah and Tamborine Mountain (137 Knoll Road only) NOTE CANUNGRA WASTE TRANSFER STATION IS NOT OPERATING TOMORROW
- Wednesday: Beaudesert, Canungra, Kalbar, and Peak Crossing
- Thursday: Beaudesert, Boonah, Rathdowney and Tamborine Mountain (137 Knoll Road and 400 Long Road (green waste only))
At this stage, Scenic Rim Regional Council Libraries will remain open for borrowing, however will be operating with reduced staff. Members of the community attending our libraries are required to wear a mask as per the Queensland Government directive.
Our Story Time and Rhyme Time, including First 5 Forever in the park will be cancelled from Tuesday 30 March to Thursday 1 April.
All Cultural Centres will remain open for booked events. We request you check with event organiser for any cancellations. All attendees should wear masks as per the Queensland Government guidelines.
Council's road maintenance service will be impacted, including some flood assessment and damage repairs, however most roads are open and accessible to the public. We ask residents to take caution when travelling and we will recommence works once restrictions are lifted.
PARKS AND LANDSCAPE MAINTENANCE
Parks remain open, however there will be limited mowing over the next three days with a focus on higher use areas in the lead up to the Easter break.
BUILDING AND PLUMBING SERVICES
There will be no plumbing inspections over the next three days. Any requests will need to be made by telephone or electronic notification.
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH AND COMPLIANCE
Any requests will need to be made by telephone or electronic notification. Site visits will be limited to urgent matters.
There will be limited animal collections over the next three days. Urgent matters can be lodged by telephone.
- Payments and forms
- Disaster Management
- Economic Development
- BackEconomic Development
- Why Do Business in the Scenic Rim?
- Our Business Partners
- Investing in the Scenic Rim
- Funding Opportunities
- Regional Prosperity Strategy
- Tourism Development
- Filming in the Scenic Rim
- Business Support
- One Scenic Rim
- Scenic Rim Jobs
- Business and Community Directory
- Waste services